- Select a unit and measure for each dimension.
- To select a measure, simply choose one from the list.
For example choose `countries' from the Machine measures list,
`months' from the Time measures list, and
`pages' from the Page measures list.
- Selecting a unit is a little more complicated because there are
so many units. To pinpoint a unit it is usually best to choose a
very coarse measure (say, `years'), drill down to retrieve all the units
for that measure (`1995', `1996', `1997'), and then drill down within
the year to get to the appropriate month (choose `1997' and drill down
to get a list of months in 1997).
- If the measures are loaded choose a measure for which you
want the corresponding units to be loaded then selecting any
measure will drill down to the units within that measure. For example,
choosing years will load all the individual years.
- If the units are loaded, but the unit is too coarse, choose that
unit and the `drill down' option to get a list of finer units within the
Alternatively, you can use a double click on the unit to drill down.
- If the units are loaded, and it is a list of units you want, choose
the unit you want, and the `unit OK' option.
- If the units are loaded, but you want the measures loaded to select
a coarser unit, choose the `reload measures' option.
- Once you have selected valid units and measures for every dimension try
`execute query' button. Use this button to submit
your query. If there is not enough information in the cube to
satisfy your query, the cube will let you know.
Curtis E. Dyreson
© 1995-2001. All rights reserved.