Due date: Thursday Jan. 28 at the start of class (1:30PM)
Instructions: Please turn your homework in at the start of class.
Weight: The homework will count approximately 5% of your final grade.
- Consider a supplier-parts example database (modified from
an example in a book by C. J. Date). The database has three
relations, with the schema listed below.
Supplier (SName, City)
Formulate the following queries in the tuple relational
calculus and the domain relational calculus.
Part (PName, Color, Weight)
Shipment (SName, PName, Date)
- What are the names of parts shipped by suppliers located in Paris?
- What is the name of the part(s) that are shipped by at least two
- List the names of suppliers that ship a part which
is also shipped by a supplier in Boston (in a different shipment)?
- Which suppliers have shipped the same parts on two or more dates?
- On which date(s) has exactly two suppliers made a shipment?
- What are the names of the suppliers that have shipped all of the parts?
- What are the names of the suppliers that have shipped only red parts?
- What is the name of the supplier that has made the *latest* shipments?
- Exercise 5.7
- Exercise 5.11